About Me

My photo
Starting my journey into the world of Microcontrollers, electronics and programming, a bit late in life (but your never to old to learn).

Thursday 14 April 2016

Arduino - Blink LED

Thankfully the first example for the Arduino is easy to understand, both the wiring and the code. First I just tried the example using the LED on the UNO R3, then I looked on the web for more detail and examples.

Next I put an LED into the pins (positive in pin 13 and negative into the GND pin next to 13).
 and then I read if you want the LED to last you need to use a resistor, so I then find 2 different ways of wiring up a breadboard for the Blink example with a resistor.


I liked the explanation and diagrams from Sparkfun for their SIK Experiment Guide for Arduino - V3.2.

Link:  https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/sik-experiment-guide-for-arduino---v32

I do not have the kit (might get it), so for now cannot do all the examples (yet). But it looks like a great site for beginners.

No comments:

Post a Comment