About Me

My photo
Starting my journey into the world of Microcontrollers, electronics and programming, a bit late in life (but your never to old to learn).

Thursday 14 April 2016

Starting a journey of learning and fun

This is going to be more a diary of what I have done and learnt sort of blog, as it is nearly all new to me, especially the electronics and programming.

I got a Raspberry Pi Model B and a Model A a few years ago, and they ended up in a cupboard. Now they have been dusted down and been joined by a Raspberry Pi Zero (I got free with issue 40 of The MagPi), and a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, so I got to start learning how to use them.

The Arduino is something that has looked interesting to me for a little while, as I am interested in how things are made and work, but my lack of knowledge about electronics has always put me off. I took the plunge and bought an Arduino UNO R3 copy, as it is cheaper if I do anything drastically wrong at the beginning. When I get a bit more confident one will buy an official board.

Raspberry Pi Zero
At the moment I have set up the Raspberry Pi Zero for programming the UNO R3, I've installed the Arduino.cc IDE and Fritzing onto it. The reason for choosing the Raspberry Pi Zero is that it comes with no GPIO pins.



UNO R3

No comments:

Post a Comment